FleetWatch, a monthly Trucking magazine, is my biggest customer who I’ve been working with for 10 years, designing and laying out the monthly magazine, an annual publication (TruckWatch), extra supplements for big names in the industry and other print media. For smaller customers, requiring business cards, logo and brochure designs, banners, vehicle branding layout and menus include:
- Leeuwenhof Akademie, a private school in Bedfordview;
- RN Instrumentation, production line contractor;
- Armada Consulting, tax practitioner;
- DK Sound, sound engineers,
- Web Inspiration, a web-design company;
- Other work done for family and friends include party and wedding invitations (print and emailers) as well as other design elements to go with a chosen theme. Illustration is a big passion, that I would love to pursue.
The clever people at Vaal Triangle Technicon taught me the basics of Graphic Design which resulted in a National Diploma after three years of blood, sweat and tears – working late nights mostly. Apple Mac was the preferred platform from day one, so yes, I am a big fan of Apple!
After successfully completing my studies, Tangerine Design Studio was my employer for nine years. There I learnt all the ins and outs of working with clients, designing for the corporate world and DTP, using Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Freehand.
In 2010 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and decided to start my own business from home – a decision I was blessed to make, and I don’t regret making it.